Thursday, February 24, 2011

'Accidental Rocking'

So I think there should be a new warning.  A sign or symbol.  SOMETHING to warn us guys when "THE ROCK" is to appear in a movie.  Sure, we all know the obvious flicks where he and his biceps are plastered on the cover of the DVD, but I'm talking about those accidental occasions.  Rumor has it that the ladies appreciate THE ROCK.  That's fine.  We have our favorites and you have yours.  However, you shouldn't be suddenly surprised with an unexpected, unscheduled and unnecessary viewing!  Unfair.

Last night, my wife and I were watching a romantic comedy (don't judge me, it had Kristen Bell in it) and in the beginning, out of the blue....  WHAMO!  I got accidentally ROCKED.  As soon as this happened, I sprung off the couch, gripped the Netflix envelope in my hand and started to scan for an apparent missed warning.  There was nothing.  No mention of THE ROCK.  No reference to pectorals, forearms or a bright smile.  On top of it all, in this movie he was a flight attendant.  A friggin' flight attendant.  Can you tell me how THE ROCK can pull off one of those little blue uniforms with the wings on the lapel, offering beverage and ear wax filled headphones to passengers?  Come on man!  It was like a 2 minute viewing .. 2 minutes of "what the #$(*&%" streaming from my mouth.

Fair?  I think not.  To add insult to injury, there was some kind of sound coming from my wife when his tan self magically appeared.  It wasn't a sigh of discomfort, it was more of  a "thank you sigh".  I don't like it one bit.  I'm cool when watching 'The Tooth Fairy' (with the kids of course), 'The Rundown' or 'Scorpion King' as I know what I'm getting into and can get mentally ready.  What I'm not cool with is when you are in a ROCK-free setting and he just appears.

I mean really, what's next?  THE ROCK ringtone, THE ROCK cooking mitts and possibly THE ROCK voice over for GPS?  This has to stop.  We need warnings, and I have to go do some push-ups now.

No comments:

Post a Comment